It’s already a month into the New Year and it is time to assess the damage and get back on track to looking, and feeling, hotter than ever for summer! Pride season will come up quickly and it is past due to tackle the havoc the extra food and drink of winter has had on sexy, beautiful bodies. With that in mind, here are five easy and super effective ways to improve your diet and ensure you are back on track and to have a sexy beach body for summer!
- Pre-plan meals: Failure to plan is planning to fail, and never has a truer word been spoken than with regards to your diet. If you want to get yourself back on track you need to eliminate the risk of slipping and plan ahead to avoid dietary pitfalls. Once a week, sit down and plan your meals for the week, allow for a couple of splurges but stick to it! Write a shopping list, only get exactly what you need and for the love of god, don’t do this while your hungry!
- Make healthy choices: Making healthy choices, sounds simple right? But many slip up when it comes to making healthier choices. Know where your weaknesses are, keep a food journal and see where you are going wrong. Don’t restrict though, the key to a healthy diet is moderation. Love burgers? Have them, but skip the bread. Go mad for a few drinks? Keep going with them but switch to lower calorie options or even try virgin drinks.
- Cut back on alcohol: The single quickest and most effective way to jump-start your diet and shred the fat is to cut out alcohol. Even just cutting back will give you dramatic results, when you do drink make sure you eat something healthy beforehand so you aren’t tempted to reach for the chips and, as above, make healthy choices. Go for white spirits, diet mixers, and avoid the heavy sugary cocktails!
- Toss out the junk food: If it’s in front of you, you will eat it! Go through your cupboards and rid them of any processed junk food, anything high calorie, nutrient poor and anything heavily refined. Stick to fresh foods in their natural form, keep treats for when you are out and about and stock your cupboards with healthy choices.
- Shop using a grocery list: As we said at the beginning, failing to plan is planning to fail. Without a list it can be tough to navigate the treat filled, dietary war zones called the grocery store. Avoid impulse buying and ending up with a variety of ingredients that don’t go together. After completing your meal plan, make a shopping list and stick to it. Not only will this be good for your health, it’ll be great for your wallet.
Use these five easy and super effective ways to improve your diet and get your body beach ready in no time at all.