This article was published on August 13th, 2011
What kid (or adult for that matter), doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? With school coming back in session soon, here’s a great soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pur vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugar and butter on medium until light and fluffy. Turn to low speed and add salt, vanilla and eggs. Beat until well mixed.
- Slowly add flower mixture. Mix until it is just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the centre (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container lined with parchment paper at room temperature for up to one week (if they last that long).