This article was published on June 11th, 2012
This summer, be ready for beach weather and have fun doing it. Here are 8 tips to get you started on a sexy, summer body:
- Set Goals. Goals are specific, measurable and attainable. Write them down and put them somewhere you can see every day.
- Make A Plan. Block one hour per day in your schedule. Put together a weekly plan with a mix of cardio, core and weights. Each routine will target different muscle groups and help you shape up faster.
- Join a Group. Working out in a group environment is motivating. From running clinics and boot camps, to yoga classes and soccer teams, each will have professional coaches and instructors to help guide you and provide great tips along the way.
- Shoes! Go to a store that has professional and knowledgable staff to help you select the right footware. They should feel perfect from the moment you put them on. If there’s discomfort, then they aren’t right for you.
- Nutrition. Remember the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time, stick to a clean diet of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, proteins and lots of water. Stay away from complex carbs, sugars, and fats.
- Reward Yourself. Going to massage, the chiropractor and having an Epsom salt bath are all important recovery methods to relax your hard working body. When your training hard you need to help connective tissues, muscles and tissues to rejuvenate.
- Schedule Rest. Get a good night sleep every night. Lack of sleep leads to low energy and lowers the immune system. Remember, rest days are separate from cross-training days. It’s ok to take a day off.
- Love Yourself. While you are working out every day, remember your doing it because it’s fun and you’re doing it for yourself – not to look like “that guy”. Train for you. Push your personal limits and enjoy the journey.
Eating well, training hard and looking after yourself will pay dividends long-term. Love it, enjoy it and be proud of your accomplishments.