Being a gay porn star isn’t as easy as it looks

“Out of 170 scenes I’ve shot, only two were easy,” said 38-year-old gay porn star Jessie Colter. “You’re not showing up to a set with a mattress, turning the camera on and then just start to fuck.” Working in the gay porn industry is a lot of work. The majority of the work is done […]

HomoCulture Porn Star Interviews Brian Webb

This article was published on November 20th, 2013

Gay porn star, Jessie Colter “Out of 170 scenes I’ve shot, only two were easy,” said 38-year-old gay porn star Jessie Colter. “You’re not showing up to a set with a mattress, turning the camera on and then just start to fuck.”

Working in the gay porn industry is a lot of work. The majority of the work is done on your own and takes time and dedication.

“From the moment you wake up until the time you go to bed, it’s what you eat and going to the gym,” Jessie Colter explains. Diet accounts for about 80% of a person’s physical shape while exercise accounts for the remaining 20%. Getting lots of rest, eating a healthy, well-balanced diet, and going to the gym are incredibly important for anyone working in the industry. “If you’re not a performer, an actor, or in decent shape, you won’t make it far and you’ll just make a fool of yourself.”

While physical shape is important, personality is key. A good, friendly demeanor can go a long way, both in relationships with agents and studios, but especially with your fans.

“A fan can walk up to you and you have to be polite,” said Jessie Colter. “It’s one complete package. You have to take it all.” Realizing that you are an idol for some people, they expect you to be a good role model, both on camera, in person, online, and in your personal life.

“A good night sleep and a good breakfast in important,” says Jessie Colter, describing the activities of a good gay porn star prior to shooting a scene. “You might not get to eat all day. The longest shoot I did was 14 hours.” Jessie is a seasoned professional in the porn industry and his advice to newcomers is important.

In addition to having a good physical appearance, a friendly and outgoing personality, and being ready for shooting a scene, you need to remain professional under any circumstance. It’s important to keep in mind gay porn models are hired to do a job and they must perform.

Sometimes it’s not easy working on set, especially if you’re not attracted to your partner.

“I’m here to perform and do my job,” stated Jessie Colter. “If that means pretending that I’m into that person, I will. I will sell that shit. There have only been a couple of times I wasn’t in to it. It’s not about sex. It’s not that pleasurable for me. While I may be really loud, I’m really thinking to myself, ‘did I put my laundry away’ or ‘did I feed my cat?’. There’s so much other stuff going on in my head.

Yes, there’s a lot more to doing porn that just turning on a camera and having sex. Even Jessie Colter admits that he struggled. He used to only weigh 142lbs, which is pretty small for a 6’2″ man. But he overcame his challenged, worked hard, and stayed focused, and today is a very successful and well respected gay porn stars in America.

, , , , , ,

RELATED POSTS

Is Your Favorite Gay Porn Star Racist?

August 6th, 2020

Triston Brewer 0

Billy Santoro and the Ultimate Dissection and Dismissal of a Porn Star

June 11th, 2020

Triston Brewer 3

Boom Boom with Boomer Banks: What it takes to be a porn star

July 20th, 2017

Koelen Andrews 0

Join the Conversation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

 

One thought on “Being a gay porn star isn’t as easy as it looks