This article was published on January 30th, 2014
Having trouble sleeping? It’s a common problem for a lot of people. A warm glass of milk and a hot bath are the typical tricks to help get to sleep quicker. For people who have trouble getting a good night sleep, try some if these other tricks:
1. Tart cherry juice
3. Lower the room temperature
4. Eat a banana or oatmeal
5. Drink a protein shake
6. Lavender aromatherapy scents
7. Merited down everything on your mind so you can forget about it.
8. Masterbate or have sex
9. Play white noise from an app
10. Get black out blinds and stick to calming colours.
Things to avoid:
1. Citrus soaps
2. Loud music
3. Exercise within 2 hours of bedtime
4. Alcohol or drugs
5. Heavy meals
6. Stressful conversations and situations
7. Red meat
8. Screen time for an hour bed
9. Do not read, watch TV, study, or do any other waking hours activities.
10. Bright colours, mirrors and metallic.