This article was published on May 19th, 2014
No more excuses! Here are nine reasons why you should run a marathon:
- Running a marathon is an incredible personal achievement.
- You’ll be part of an exclusive group of people. Less than 1% of the worlds population has ever ran a marathon.
- There are incredible health benefits including cardiovascular strength
- You’ll get a wicked runners butt!
- When you’re burning around 4,000 calories a week during training season, you can pretty much eat anything you want!
- There’s nothing better than having bragging rights in the office and amongst your friends and family, as when you show up wearing a marathon finisher’s medal.
- Marathon runners hold a special bond. It’s an instant conversation starter and something you can converse on for hours.
- Try something new. Marathon training will add diversity into what may have become a very boring gym, sport, yoga, or other physical activity rut you’re in.
- If you have a stressful job or relationship, running is an awesome outlet to escape.