This article was published on August 10th, 2014
It’s easy to get wrapped up in the shiny lights of Las Vegas and find yourself spending countless dollars in the casinos. There’s so much more to see and do in Las Vegas that can make your trip even more exciting and a lot more fun. Here are 7 great choices.
1. High Roller. The best views of Las Vegas are from the new High Roller, a giant Ferris wheel located along side the centre of the strip. The wheel has pods, each accommodating up to 40 people. Tickets start at $20 per person, but in the later afternoon you can upgrade to a happy hour pod for $24, which includes all-you-can-drink beverages.
2. Fountains at the Bellagio. Dance to the beat of Michael Jackson’s Beat It, and watch the fountain spectacle of water and lights. The best time to catch the free show is in the later evening, right at dusk.
3. Historic Famous Las Vegas sign. One of the most iconic symbols of Las Vegas is the historic Famous Las Vegas sign. Located at the entrance of the Strip, it’s a popular tourist attraction for visitors to take a selfie celebrating their arrival to Sin City.
4. Pawn Stars. Home of the famous reality TV show where people buy, sell and get appraisals on historic and vintage items, the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, the location of Pawn Stars, is a real pawn store located just minutes off the strip. The store is open daily. The best chance of catching Chumlee, the Old Man, Corey and Rick are mid-week during the day.
5. The neon lights on the strip. Las Vegas has been lit-up at night for decades by a spectacular array of neon lights. Today, neon continues to be a popular choice of many establishments, new and old. From McDonald’s to The Flamingo Hotel, a walk down the strip at night will always impress.
6. New York New York Roller Coaster. Whizz through replicas of skyscrapers and monuments of the New York City skyline at the New York New York hotel. The ride zips, rolls and turns for an exhilarating and thrilling ride right on the strip.
7. Tropicana Xposed pool party. Most hotels have Sunday pool parties, but the newly renovated Tropicana has broke the mold and introduced Xposed, a Saturday pool party for gays. This pool party is one of the most happening pool parties. They bring in top DJ’s from across North America to create an electric pool party atmosphere. #SaturGays #UltimateBeachParty