This article was published on October 4th, 2014
Wow, you made it through summer, enjoying the single life; the parties, pride events, circuit parties, long nights of drinking, and random hook-ups along the way. Now that autumn is here, it’s time to settle down and find your winter romance. Here are 10 gay dating tips for gay men to fall in love this autumn:
- Be serious. Don’t be the person who is dating multiple people all at the same time. Focus. You might be surprised at what transpires. You’ll never get anywhere or be productive if you constantly spread yourself thin.
- Be happy. You should be enjoying yourself and having a good time. Sure, you might not be in love at first sight, but you are only hurting yourself if you insist on being an annoying, bitter, unfriendly person. Have fun; you’ll enjoy it!
- Movies are boring. You need to make each date night unique and interesting. Try to make a great impression by trying something creative like miniature golf or talking a walk through the park to enjoy the fall colours.
- Save the mind games. You should know whether you are interested or not. Keep it honest and don’t play with people’s emotions.
- Put your damn phone away. Keep in mind this date isn’t only part of your time, but the other person’s valuable time too. Show respect. No one needs to see your mid-meal status update or an instagram of the dessert you’re about to savour. Keep it classy.
- Shut up about your past relationships. They are your ex for a reason. If your ex was so great to you, you’d probably still be together, but you’re not, so enough with the comparisons with your past boyfriends. Plus it is disrespectful to talk about an ex with someone who you might just fall in love with.
- Keep it real. It’s perfectly acceptable to do some light, social media stalking before your date. Take everything with a grain of salt, or a shot of vodka. You want to have a decent idea of who you are going out with, but you don’t want to get all creepy and serial killer status with it. That’s just weird.
- Don’t flake! The all time pet-peeve for most people in the dating scene are people who back out at the last minute. Dude, they could have been doing something or someone much more interesting or better that night, instead of wasting their time on you. Flakes are a no-go from the get-go. Don’t waste your time.
- Talk to people. You don’t need to post secret inside song lyrics or famous quote, which are supposed to get your message across. Use your words and speak up. It’s not hard. Communication is the key to any great relationship.
- Always be yourself. Why waste time faking it? Just be yourself. When the right person comes along, they’ll like you for being you. Always be honest and true to yourself.