This article was published on October 29th, 2014
He’s one of YouTube’s favourite gay celebrities, and he’s based out of Vancouver, Canada! Josh Rimer has been the voice of sass to his 20,000 subscribers since he began his original channel back in 2007.
Wanting to get discovered by Hollywood, Josh started his channel in a hopes to catch the eyes of casting directors. In 2008, things really picked up when YouTube started their partner program. It was then that Josh realized he didn’t need to wait for Hollywood to call him, he could become a sensation all on his own from his home in Hollywood North!
YouTube is now an integral part of his daily life and Josh Rimer is becoming a household name for the LGBT community. Josh produces 2-3 YouTube videos per week on two or three different channels, plus he is known for making guest appearances on other channels from time-to-time.
If you still don’t know who he is, here are 9 things you need to know about gay YouTube celebrity, Josh Rimer:
- Runner up for Mr. Gay Vancouver 2013, which qualified him for the grand finale of Mr. Gay Canada 2013 in Whistler, B.C.
- His most popular video is a vlog about Orange County Pride 2013, which has reached over 8-million views!
- He gave the closing keynote address at the 2013 Travel Gay Canada Conference in Victoria, B.C.
- His first major YouTube video was in 2009, when Father-Lover parody video reached over a million views.
- Every Monday night you can catch Josh at the controls of the music and sound-effects board at Queer-Prove with the Boobers.
- In the Madonna’s Girl Gone Wild parody music video, HomoCulture.ca owner and editor-in-chief, Brian Webb, was one of the back-up dancers.
- Josh hosts travel videos on GayOSphere.com
- He is currently in a super-hot inter-racial, inter-cultural, inter-generational relationship.
- The Josh Rimer YouTube channel reached over 20,000 subscribers during the summer of 2014
- He works with World of Wonder Presents Network, the same YouTube network that represents other major LGBT celebrities including many of the girls from RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- Josh has a hot new show on Canada’s OutTV called The Sassy Scoop! It’s a 2-3 minute segment of interstitial content that airs five times a day!
Josh is super cool because he loves sharing his personal views, stories, and moments on his YouTube channel. It’s been his key to success, which keeps his followers coming back each week.
“Check out my show, every day on OutTV,” said Josh Rimer, the voice of sass. “If you’re in Vancouver, come say ‘hi’ and check out Queer-Prov on Wednesday nights at 1181.”