This article was published on December 6th, 2014
This holiday season you’ll likely get invited to many holiday parties and celebrations. It’s important to make a great impression and it’s also an opportunity to make new friends, and maybe meet someone special. Make the most out of these holiday events by following these 6 tips to shine like a star at holiday parties. Let’s get started.
- Always show up dressed appropriately for the occasion. If it’s a dinner party or cocktail party, wear a dress-shirt. If you’re not sure of the dress code, ask the host in advance.
- It’s not fashionable to show up late for holiday parties. Try to show up within the first 15 minutes from the start time indicated on the invite, unless it’s an open house where drop-ins are expected.
- Make sure you greet the hosts and spend a few minutes catching up. It shows appreciate for their hospitality and they may introduce you to other people of similar interest at the party.
- No matter how shy you are, you need to introduce yourself to others. Become a social butterfly and get to know the other guests.
- While it’s perfectly acceptable to talk about current events, your holiday plans, and how you know the hosts, swearing, gossiping, politics and other controversial topics should be left at the door.
- Moderation is key over the holidays. Drinking and eating excessively can get you intro trouble, in what you say, do, or how you act. Be responsible and plan a safe ride home.