This article was published on February 8th, 2015
Going on vacation takes a lot of time, energy and research to find the right hotel that fits your budget, is in the right location, and has all the amenities you’re looking for. When it comes to going on a gaycation, a gay vacation, finding the right hotel can be quite the challenge. There are a number of things you need to consider.
- Is the hotel near gay nightlife. No one likes to drink and drive, so finding a hotel in or near the gay village is a good choice. That way you can walk to the bars or clubs for a night out on the town without having to worry about how you’re going to get back to your hotel.
- The hotel needs to be near the gay village. Why? Because there’s a much higher chance of finding a hook-up to come over than if you’re staying in a business hotel on the other side of the city.
- There has to be free guest parking. If you’re having visitors, or a hook up, over to your hotel room, they don’t want to endure a $30 mandatory valet fee for a short visit. Some hotels charge a mandatory on-site parking fee to deter extra visitors onto the property.
- Extra fluffy linens are expected. Gay men have a soft spot for pure white robes and towels that are fresh and clean.
- Clean rooms are a must. If you want into the room and the bedding isn’t exactly perfect, then it’s time to go back to the front desk and demand a new room. Bedding should be perfectly folded and not disheveled. And there better not be any dust or garbage behind the best-side table or it’s game over!
- Extra outlets at the bedside are mandatory. You know you’re going to lie in bed on Grindr or Scruff for hours on end, and that you’re going to need to power both your iPhone, iPad, and laptop while you try to find your next hook-up.
- Extra linens are required. Not because you know you’re going to be showering two or three times that day, but because your hook-up is going to want a shower before they leave and you need extras for cum-rags.
What things are important for you when you’re looking for the perfect hotel when you’re going on a gaycation? Leave your comments on this blog post.