This article was published on April 9th, 2015
Most people work a 40+hour workweek. We go to the gym, yoga, spin class, run, or find other types of exercise to keep healthy and stay in shape. We have commitments from family and friends we are obligated to keep. Then there is email, the news, favourite TV shows, and social media, all sucking valuable time out of our days.
Your morning routine can make or break your entire day. From the moment you hear the alarm and your eyes open, you need to make sure you’re setting yourself up for success to make it a great day. Having a regular routine in the morning can help you make sure that you are ready to go. Here are nine morning rituals that will change your life!
- Get to the gym. Everyone needs to sweat for an hour a day.
- Fuel your body. After the gym fuel up with protein, carbohydrates and fresh fruit. It’ll help repair your muscles faster and get your energized for the day.
- Brush your teeth. Not just fresh breath, but healthy teeth. Good oral hygiene can also fend off colds and other viruses.
- As soon as you get out of a hot shower is the best time to shave. Your skin is soft and follicles are relaxed, making shaving easier and closer.
- Wash your face. After shaving it’s important to wash your face.
- Use a toner and moisturizer. Cause everyone wants glowing, younger looking skin. And it only takes a moment to apply.
- Make your lunch. When you bring a lunch to work, you’ll eat healthier. From granola and yogurt, to fresh cut celery and carrots, it’s easy to pack a lunch.
- If you can’t kick the morning coffee, at least try to cut out the cream, sugar and other syrups. Yup, drink your coffee black. Or try adding protein like Muscle MLK to your coffee. Even better, drink green tea; it’s full of antioxidants and caffeine!
- Smell great. Don’t just rely on your deodorant to make you smell good throughout the day. Spritz on a dash of your favourite cologne. Remember to spray it on your skin, not on to your clothing!