This article was published on April 11th, 2015
Gay culture is fun, exciting, and full of adventure. The community is full of vibrant and diverse people. While most people who come out embrace many facets of the gay lifestyle, some just want to stick to traditions. There is so much to see, do and to experience in gay life, that without trying it all, you’ll be missing out on so much. Go on, start checking off this big list of things every gay man must do!
- March in a gay pride parade. Going to a gay pride parade, event, or festival could be one of the biggest moments after coming out. It’s a celebration with friends, family, and the entire community. Be part of it. Show your pride. Get into the spirit!
- Giving back to the community is important. There are so many not-for-profit organizations that could use your support. Every little bit helps.
- Dress up in drag. Getting dressed up in drag is not something to take lightly. It’s serious business. It takes a lot of courage. Do it at least once to understand these amazing queens of our LGBT community are all about.
- Give leather a try. Exploring BDSM could be one of the most thrilling things you’ll ever experience. You’ll get to discover new things about yourself as you try leather, kink, dom/sub, and other fetishes.
- Go to a musical. A live musical is full of song, dance, lighting, elaborate costumes, and creative set designs. It’s a wonderful way to experience a story and be consumed by the happenings on stage. You’ll probably even end up singling along to your favourite songs.
- Attend a circuit party. Circuit parties, can be a one night or multi-day events, like the Miami Winter Party Festival. They are music events that go late into the night. Yes, you might need a Red Bull. However, the DJ’s playing these events work really hard putting together amazing sets of music full of re-mixes of the hottest songs, laying down deep baselines to a room full of eager party-goers who are ready to dance all night long.
- Check out a professional sport event. Yes, gay men love sports. Who doesn’t want to go to a soccer game to watch the players take their shirts off at the end of the game, or to a football game to see men in tights slap each other on the ass. Plus there’s over-priced beer. It’s a ton of fun.
- Visit a bathhouse. Bathhouses aren’t like the creepy ones you hear about from the 70’s and 80’s. Today’s bathhouses are clean and safe. While a whole range of men visit them, some on a frequent basis, they are a great way to explore sexual experiences in a completely new environment.
- Try a threesome. A threesome doesn’t have to happen with another couple. Three completely single guys can all hook up. Sometimes it’s cool to join another couple, or for a couple to have a friend join. Just talk about the rules first to everyone is on the same page.
- Get tested every 3 months. Knowing your status is super important. Even if you think you’re in a monogamous relationship, you can’t be certain your partner isn’t cheating on you. It’s every persons responsibility to get tested frequently.
- Bring your boyfriend home for Christmas. This could be one of the biggest moments with your family after coming out. Christmas is a special time of year when everyone is excited to get together and enjoy each others company. Make your partner feel welcome, introduce him to your parents, and great ready for a holiday of Christmas cheer, together!