This article was published on May 21st, 2015
Summer is just around the corner. It’s time to start digging through the closets and drawers to find the clothes you packed away for the winter. It’s also a good time to take inventory to make sure you have the right pieces, to make sure you make a fabulous summer fashion statement, and not a fashion faux-pas.
If you’re hitting up pride events, festivals, concerts, circuit parties, boat parties, and other fun summer events, you’ll need some of these fantastic pieces in your wardrobe arsenal:
- Tank tops: The ultimate in gay fashion. Every gay man needs at least a half a dozen or more tank tops in the closet, ready to go at any time. They’re the perfect top to show off a bit of arm. Plus it’s easy to whip off and tuck into your shorts, when the time is right, of course.
- Sunglasses: While many events give away free plastic sunglasses, which are perfectly acceptable to fit in for that particular event, it’s not cool to wear them afterwards. Get yourself a good quality pair of sunglasses; a pair that compliment the shape of your face and your fashion style.
- Flip flops: Summer wouldn’t be complete without a great pair, or a couple of pairs, of flip flops. Whether you’re at the beach, the pool, or hanging out at your friends backyard barbeque, flip flops are super casual.
- Cotton shorts: A good pair of cotton shorts are aways in order, especially at family dinners, afternoons at the park, and doing errands around town. They should hit just about the knee. A quality pair will help make your ass pop! Remember to wear a belt too.
- Short shorts: Yes! Every man needs a pair of short shorts. They hit towards the top of the thigh; so don’t forget legs day at the gym guys. You’ll want to have a fresh, colourful pair for outdoor concerts, parades, and Sunday Funday’s with the boys.
- Boat shoes: The perfect footwear for any party or event, boat shoes can be dressed up or down. Boat shoes work perfectly with everything from white pants to khaki shorts, to blue jeans.
- Sheer shirts: If you don’t quite have a sculpted six pack to show off, but you’ve cut the carbs from your diet and been hitting the gym 5 days a week for the past couple of months, but still aren’t quite there, throw on a sheer shirt. It’s a nice, subtle way to show off your body and lets others appreciate your hard work.
- European swimwear: Ok, let’s not beat around the bush here; every guy needs to own a skimpy pair of swimwear. Whether it’s a Speedo, square-cut or trunks, it’s a must-have, especially for pool parties and days at the beach.
- Underwear: 3-pack briefs aren’t ever acceptable in any gay man’s wardrobe. Invest sexy underwear. You never want to be caught in a situation where you’re wearing old, tattered underwear. Shedding clothes at a party and hook-ups can happen unexpectedly. Plus a good pair of underwear can double as a pair of swimwear, in a pinch, of course.