This article was published on August 18th, 2015
We’ve all been there. A hot guys walks past, and… nothing. There’s something about him that makes your erection drop faster than a lead balloon. Here are 5 ½ ways you’re unintentionally turning guys off:
1. Bad Hygiene. While you may think you’re all clean and spiffy, you might not be according to other people. Always shower before you hook-up with a trick. Most guys don’t like the stench of guys who haven’t showered for days or who have really bad B.O. However, there is a time and place for some good man sweat. Know the difference! And remember that non-smokers hate the smell of cigarettes, so you need to shower, brush your teeth, and use mouth wash before you even consider jumping into bed.
1.5. Overzealous Hygiene. It’s great that you manscape, shave, exfoliate, and take care of all the other important maintenance routines. It’s also good that you took that shower (from #1 above). Just remember that cologne should be sprayed lightly, not bathed in. And some guys like guys that have public and armpit hair. Be responsible with your hygiene. Also be aware that there is never a suitable time or occasion to Axe body spray. Don’t do it!
2. Drugs. Just because you’re into drugs or alcohol, doesn’t mean your hook-up is. Drugs and alcohol can make it hard to get, well, hard. It can also make it really difficult to cum. It’s not just illegal drugs. Some prescription drugs can have adverse effects too. You don’t nee to give your entire history to your trick, but you should be aware of your situation to help make the best of it.
3. Lack of aggression. You know you like an aggressive, dominant partner in bed, but you struggle with balancing with what your partner wants and is into. If you’re too pushy, they could get turned off. If you’re not aggressive enough, well, two passive guys in bed may not turn out to be much fun either. Adapt to what the other guy wants and go with the flow.
4. You’re not a porn star. Unless you’re fucking in the Sean Cody house, you don’t need to narrate and direct every moment during sex. He knows you’re going to fuck him hard, so you don’t need to ask him to, unless that turns him on. Some guys get into that, which can be super hot.
5. Making assumptions. The twink you met at the bar that you thought was a submissive bottom was actually a dom top. The older guy you ignored on Grindr doesn’t even like being called ‘Daddy’. Don’t make assumptions on what the other guy is into. Talk to him. You could be surprised that the guy you thought was completely vanilla is actually a dirty pig!