This article was published on September 12th, 2015
Over the past few years many men have went back to the way of our ancestors. Long, strong, and full beards of life. You probably know a few guys who are rocking a beard. It might be short and trimmed, or an all-out monster fur, but beards can be incredibly hot. If anyone wants to debate it, just hit them up wit these 5 benefits of having a beard:
- Beards can protect your face from the sun’s damaging rays. Increased exposure to the sun’s uv-rays can lead to dry, leathery skin, and increase the risk of both wrinkles and slouching of the skin. Dry, saggy, permanently damaged skin all over your face certainly isn’t sexy.
- Beards keep you warmer in the winter. Hello sexy Canadian lumberjacks and Santa Claus! There’s a reason northern men love their beards. Facial hair acts as a barrier of protection, especially in the long, cold, winter months. A beard can help you avoid chapping of your face from the cold temperatures and violent winter winds.
- Beards can help prevent disease. Facial hair can act as a filter and barrier against airborne bacteria that could potentially get into your mouth. If you work in an environment where you are constantly surrounded with dust and waste particles, a beard can certainly help!
- Men feel more attractive with a beard. Men that say sporting any form of facial hair makes them more confident and more like a man. Whether it’s beard, mustache, goatee, or three day old stubble, it just gives a man a little extra spring in his step. Most men will also tell you that they regularly get complimented on their furry face.
- More time to do you! Not shaving is not only a bad-ass, sexy trait for a man, but instead of standing in front of a mirror every morning shaving you could be out doing other fun things like shopping, drinking, eating, or playing with kittens.