This article was published on December 3rd, 2016
It’s that time of the year again! Christmas parties are in full swing, with festivities, frolics, and fun. If you’re hosting a Christmas party this holiday season, one of the most popular themes in recent years is to host an ugly Christmas sweater party. You’ll want to make sure that your party stands out and be over-the-top, making it one to remember for years to come. Here are 7 tips to host the ultimate ugly Christmas sweater party.
1. Invitations Look online for free invitations, there are dozens! A great way to set the mood before the upcoming event. Invitations should be as tacky and ugly as the sweaters that will be showing up! Get guests excited about the party theme before they arrive.
2. Food Finger foods are always a winner for parties where there will be plenty of cocktails. Mini snack sized versions of classic Christmas foods, like turkey and cranberry vol-au-vents, mini candied yam quiches and Christmas pudding cupcakes, are always a hit, and a way to class up your party.
3. Drink Bring traditional Christmas flavours into the mix and make nostalgic and heart warming drinks that are sure to go down a treat! Create eggnog cocktails, Christmas pudding flavoured rum punch, mulled wine and spiced apple cider. Need more ideas? Check out the 12 Stoli Cocktails of Christmas.
4. Outdo all your guests with the best sweater Of course, as the host you need to win, so go all out! Lights, tinsel, sequin, and more. The uglier and tackier the better. Don’t let your guests beat you! Layer with a festive holiday turtleneck for the over-the-top look.
5. Accessorize Festive earrings, Christmas socks, Santa hat, glitter beards and more! Don’t stop at the sweater, create a tacky Christmas outfit to wow your party guests by incorporating Christmas into every last detail.
6. Awards Create awards and prizes for various sweater related categories – ugliest, tackiest, least effort, etc. Host your own awards ceremony and present the awards with tacky prizes!
7. Photo area To go all out with a designated photo area, complete with background and fill it with fun props so when your guests hit the mulled wine they can commemorate the evening with great photos. Such a simple and brilliantly fun way to make lasting memories!
With these tips you have everything you need to make a festive and unforgettable ugly sweater party. The golden rule of the ugly sweater party: Too much is never enough!
Do you have more great tips on how to host to ultimate ugly Christmas sweater party? Leave your ideas in the comments section below.