This article was published on January 17th, 2017
In less than a week, Whistler, one of the most magical ski destinations in the world, will welcome the LGBT community with open arms for the 25 annual Whistler Pride and Ski Festival. There’s still time to plan to attend, so book your accommodation, get your tickets, and plan your itinerary of events – and there’s lots to take in!
- Skiing and snowboarding – with two mountain faces, there is plenty of terrain to explore. Get out and explore the mountain with free guided tours from the fantastic Whistler Pride ski guides.
- Outdoor adventure – if you don’t ski or snowboard but still want to get outside to enjoy the great Canadian outdoors, you can go snowshoeing, sleigh riding, ice skating, and dog sledding.
- Indoor relaxation – Stay warm and enjoy a day of pampering at the spa, rejuvenate with a sensory deprivation float, tone up at the fitness centre, soak in the hot tub, enjoy a casual boozey brunch, and challenge yourself at the indoor climbing wall.
- Nightlife – There is an incredible star-studded talent line-up. From the Splash pool and Ferrocious theme party, to the spectacular Snow Ball, there are plenty of fun parties keep you moving and dancing late into the night.
- TD Après Ski – TD Bank Group is proud to be the presenting sponsor of the Après Ski, Saturday, January 28 from 4:00pm – 7:00pm at the Whistler Convention Centre. DJ, cocktails, food, and VIP area. It’s the biggest après event of the week and a great environment to see and meet all types of people attending the Whistler Pride and Ski Festival. To attend the event, purchase tickets, once you’re in show your TD Access Card or TD credit card and receive a complimentary upgraded to the TD VIP Lounge.
- Comedy – Plan to arrive early in the week for an amazing opportunity to laugh at the hilarious, quick whited humor of the legendary, Pam Ann.
- Pride March – Saturday afternoon come out and join the Pride march through the village. Bring your Pride flags and dress in your fabulous best!
- Village stroll – in addition to the fantastic shopping along the cobblestone walkways, Saturday afternoon there will be booths and exhibits from LGBT organizations, community groups, sponsors, and partners of Whistler Winter Pride and Ski Festival.
TD shows its pride 365 days a year!
TD recognizes the importance of sustainable and dependable funding for the community, especially events and causes that bring the community together. TD is proud to support over 50 Pride festivals, parades and celebrations across North America, along with over 100 LGBTQ organizations and initiatives through funding, partnerships, and employee volunteering. In addition, TD is one of Canada’s top LGBT employers, with over 3,000 employees in the TD LGBTQ Pride Network across Canada, boasting 21 employee groups to help LGBTQ employees develop personally and professionally.
Enter now for a chance to win a 1oz TD silver bar ($20.87 USD value) from HomoCulture. To enter, leave a comment below explaining how your show your pride 365, or tweet the following message:
Share your #Pride365 story and you could win a @TD_Canada 1oz silver bar from @TheHomoculture. http://ow.ly/U4jA3087TVf #HomoCulture365
Contest closes at 5:00pm PST, Friday, January 27, 2017. One random drawn winner will be notified or before Tuesday, January 31, 2017. Read the complete contest rules.