This article was published on May 7th, 2017
With the price of flights dropping, now is the best time to become a jetsetter. Live like today is your last day and make plans to conquer your bucket list. But before you go, you need to acquire solid advice used by seasoned travellers. These essential travel tips are essential for anyone who is ready to step out into the land of adventure and wanderlusting.
- Do the research. Figure out where in the hell it is that you are going in the first place, what you’ll need to do to get there, and how things will be when you arrive and are there living it. You don’t necessarily need to plan everything down to a tee, but it is smarter to be prepared than not.
- Be agile. Make changes on the fly. Have a general itinerary, but allow yourself to go with the flow and where the universe takes you.
- Always print out and carry with you physical copies of important info. Having a paper copy of your driver’s license, flight info, hotels, and important destinations/highlights so you can stay on track to be able to see and do everything you want to do without FOMO.
- Pack light. You can always buy clothes and extras along the way, but you will regret schlepping a bunch of crap around your trip. Doing laundry either in your room or having it sent out is almost always an option.
- Don’t pack extras. Leave shampoo and lotions at home. They are provided in most hotels.
- Get a multi-county adapter charger for your destination country before you go that can handle many variations for the region you’re travelling.
- Don’t buy souvenirs. That is what selfies and photos are for. Invest in an amazing camera and take it everywhere. The experiences and memories you will have for a lifetime. Better yet, send postcards home to your friends and family.
- Explore the unknown. Try something new. Be adventures. Be bold. Whether it is testing your comfort levels by eating a new food or experiencing an odd cultural difference to our own, your best bet is to realize you only live once.
Traveling can be the most rewarding thing you ever do in your life. Take these essential travel tips with you for all of your trips in the future and reap the benefits of smarter adventuring. Now grab your passport, print your tickets, don’t forget your charger, and jump into the unknown!