This article was published on January 11th, 2018
The winter months can serve as an excuse to not go out and do things and hibernate instead. But when you’re dating someone in the middle of winter, you’ve got to make sure your relationship doesn’t get too frosty. Keep things fresh and original with your bae by switching it up, taking advantage of the wind-chill factor outside, and treat him to some unique dates. Here are 6 cool and original date ideas to heat up your relationship this winter:
- Ice-skating. What is about the movie I, Tonya and out gay soon-to-be Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon that makes you just wanna throw on some skates and go? Ice-skating is a sexy and sweet date perfect during the winter months. Grab your mittens, some hot cocoa, your partner’s hand, and skate off into the moonlight at many outdoor ice skating rinks set up for the winter near you.
- Escape rooms. No longer just a fad, escape rooms are here to stay and have proven to be a fun and different activity. Most escape rooms present you with some kind of complex puzzle while being ‘trapped’ in a room you want to try to ‘escape’ from. Only by working together are you able to break the puzzle and walk out feeling victorious. It’s a fun way to challenge each other while working together as a team.
- Salsa lessons. Unless you know your man has two left feet and hates dancing, a dance class for a beginner-dancing lesson is salsa. Salsa dancing has three very basic steps and even beginner’s classes will have you two dancing together in unison at the end. Salsa is fun, sexy, sensual, and a great way to see the way your man’s body moves.
- Cooking classes. Knowing how to prepare healthy and delicious meals is sexy. Unfortunately, many guys don’t have this Martha Stewart-ian skill. Fortunately there are cooking classes for couples that are fun and informative. You and your partner get to learn the in’s and out’s of the kitchen and basic culinary tips, climaxing in a fabulous meal that you made together, from scratch. What isn’t there to like about completing something fun with your man?
- Indoor rock climbing. For the adrenaline junky or boyfriend of one, there are a lot of options in cities for taking your relationship to new extremes. Indoor rock climbing is a great activity that requires strength and skill. It offers a fun few hours of physical activity that will get both of your hearts racing.
- Turn up the “movie at home” routine. In the age of MoviePass, anyone can go see any movie at any time and nearly all of them will be available on Netflix in a few short weeks or months months, anyway. So, if having your fella over for a movie is your shtick, turn it up a notch by making it cute. Light some candles. Dim the lighting. Light the fireplace. Make some popcorn and hot chocolate. And grab a cozy blanket. Little details like this are sure to have him swoon.
While these are just 6 cool and original date ideas to heat up your relationship this winter, there are plenty of other great winter activities to keep your relationship strong.
Has your guy surprised you with an awesome date that has won your heart over, locked in your memories forever? We want to hear about them. Tells us about your best original dates ideas for the winter months in the comments section below.