This article was published on February 9th, 2018
February is the month for lovers. The 28 (29) days in the red month are a perfect time to show the one closest to your heart that you love them. Skip the usual boring standards of roses and chocolates this Valentine’s Day and be more original and from the heart. Grab the champagne, some lavender syrup, pour yourself a Lovers Lavender Champagne, and get to work on wooing your spouse. Here are 5 romantic ways to show your nearest and dearest that you hold them close to your heart:
- Pamper them with a day just for them by taking care of them. Breakfast in bed, a massage, a bath drawn with candles, the works.
- Treat them to an evening out: wine and dine your partner with a fabulous evening out with drinks, food, and even if a show if that is their flavor.
- Do something you know your partner will love, i.e. going to a museum, seeing their favourite artist, or taking them to a place they’ve always wanted to go.
- Arrange to do something philanthropic. Charity is sexy, and giving back will have you both feeling better about yourselves. Want to have a memorable Valentine’s Day? Try giving blood, volunteering at a shelter, or helping out in an old folk’s home. You and your partner will walk away hand in hand having just helped better humanity.
- Turn the classic ‘making dinner’ on its head with a gorgeous candle-lit dinner, made from scratch by the both of you. Have dishes in mind and different tasks you can do together to complete your meal. Celebrate your relationship by cheersing with a glass of Lovers Lavender Champagne.
What you’ll need:
- 1 ½ tsp lavender syrup
Pour lavender syrup into a flute glass. Top with champagne. Garnish with a lavender sprig.
Bring ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of water to boil in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Stir in dried lavender. Let cool completely. Strain liquid into sterilized jar, discarding lavender. Refrigerate for up to one week.