Santa Claus is one of the most beloved characters in the world, especially, obviously at Christmas time. Is it simply cult celebrity fandom? Or is the man in the red suit more than meets the eye? While you think you may know Santa Claus, you might still be surprised at some of the fun facts about Kris Kringle:
- While he has his own postal code, H0H 0H0, Santa Claus is technically Canadian because he lives at the North Pole.
- He delivers the most packages of any logistics company in the world on a single day.
- He has been the face of Coca-Cola since 1931 when the company used reimagined images of Santa Claus on their products.
- Santa Claus’ cloak used to be green, representing the winter solstice.
- The image we know have and know of Santa Claus came about during the 1920’s.
- Santa Claus is a mythical result of a combination of people from different regions including Germany, the Netherlands, England, and New York, including the Dutch Saint Nicholas.
Cheers to the man with the bag! This Christmas blow your relatives and fellow holiday party goers away with your newfound, virtually useless except at this time of year, trivia about Santa Claus. And make a Santa Clausmopolitan in Santa Claus’ honor!
What you’ll need:
- 1 ½ oz Stoli Razberi
- 2 oz oz cranberry juice
- ½ oz triple sec
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
Shake all ingredients in a shaker full of ice. Strain into a sugar-rimmed martini glass. Garnish with fresh cranberries.
Enjoy and drink responsibly.