This article was published on July 8th, 2019
Now in its 11thyear, the Deighton Cup, a Vancouver summer tradition, is back for another fun day of horse racing, fashion, style, and fun. This year’s Deighton Cup promises to be grander, bigger, better, and the event of the season. You’re going to want to get your tickets to the 11thannual Deighton Cup on July 20, 2019!
The Deighton Cup has long been a place to be seen. Similar to the Kentucky Derby, the Deighton Cup demands a certain look: like an official high tea at Buckingham Palace meets the Met Gala. Guests come dressed to the nines ready to use the Cup like it’s a catwalk. Dawn your ascots, top hats, and dress to the nines in loud-printed summer day suits. A fancy romper or your best summer overalls and crop top won’t cut it at the Deighton Cup. Fascinators, wide-brimmed women’s hats, pastels, and spats are always welcomed.
A great place to have a date, the Deighton Cup is also the perfect event to attend with a friend, or get a small crowd together and make it a boys day out. The 11th Annual Deighton Cupwill delight and inspire guests with an array of new attractions as well as a host of time-honoured traditions for a full day of fun, fashion, and derby-style excitement:
- A full card of eight adrenaline-pumping horse races, beginning promptly at 1:30pm
- Expanded “Style Stakes” competition with revamped application process, featuring online pre-registration as well as an on-site Self-Nomination Portrait Studio. The best-dressed man and woman as voted by a panel of industry judges and fellow attendees will receive $500 each in fabulous prizes.
- Deliciously exquisite food options include pre-ordered and on-site à la carte food programme catered by Earls Restaurants, including vegan options, charcuterie boards and a decadent selection of Acadian Sturgeon & Caviar and Arc Iberico Importers (menu)
- Fresh oyster shucking station and demonstrations
- VIP hosting and trackside suites
- A complement of ultra-luxury and performance supercars to discover in the signature “Field of Dreams”
- Bar and table service, and a chance to sip the signature “Foraged Furlong,” a Botanist Gin-forward cocktail by Nightingale bartender Tim Lambden, winner of the 2019 Deighton Cup Cocktail Jockey competition
- Immersive and interactive art installations
- “Parrot Express” chauffeur coach service to Hastings Racecourse departing from seven Earls locations across the Lower Mainland
You won’t want to miss this event of the season! Individual Early Bird tickets ($55) as well as private boxes and booths are available now at www.deightoncup.com