This article was published on August 19th, 2022
Why does summer break make everything seem so much harder?
It’s not just the heat, the humidity, and the lack of sunlight that makes it feel like you’re living in a sauna. It’s also the fact that everyone around you is making out on the beach and posting pictures of their vacation on Instagram (and maybe even getting married).
Don’t worry, we’ve got your back! Here are 5 ways to keep your gay relationship alive over the course of summer break:
1. When you’re ready to hang out, make sure you have a place to sit. You don’t want to be sitting on the couch in front of the TV all night—once summer break ends, you’ll both want to move on with your lives and not dwell on the past.
2. If your relationship is new, try starting with something small: maybe a walk around the block or a movie night at home. Don’t feel like you have to have sex or go out on dates right away—just take things slow and see where it goes!
3. If you’re feeling down about your relationship, ask for help from friends and family members who know what’s going on in your relationship better than anyone else does: they can tell you if there’s anything they can do for you or if they think it would help if they talked with someone else about it as well!
4. Be open with each other about what makes your relationship work, especially if there are any problems that need fixing (like maybe one partner doesn’t like being affectionate, or vice versa). Communicating openly helps all parties feel safe sharing their feelings and makes it easier for both sides to work things out if something does get broken along the way!
5. You may want to try taking some time off from each other for a while—maybe one of you could go on vacation by yourselves and just text each other every now and then? Or maybe just call each other once in a while? Or maybe spend more time doing your own thing so that when it comes back around, neither one of you feels like they need the other as much anymore?
- 1 ½ oz rye
- ¾ oz elderflower liqueur
- ½ oz simple syrup
- ¾ oz lemon juice
- 1 oz apple juice
- Sparkling wine
Shake all ingredients, except the sparkling wine, with ice. Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice. Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with an apple slice.
Enjoy and drink responsibly.