This article was published on January 27th, 2023
Spill the tea! Tell us all about the latest drama! Just don’t spill this tea! Earl grey tea is a comforting beverage on its own, but this martini is the perfect start to your next gossip session. It’s perfect for brunch, and pairs well with any breakfast food! So mix your drinks, and settle in for the piping-hot tea of the week!
The Earl Grey Martini is perfect for the mid to late-winter slog. As we begin to pull away from longer nights it’s time to look forward to brighter days. This may be the year that you finally reconnect with old friends after a long time with minimal to no contact. Here are some ideas for what you can plan together as you meet up to spill old tea and new:
- Brunch. The tried and true, and nothing says a gay get-together like brunch and a martini. Whether it’s out in town or hosted at home, there’s nothing better than bonding over food and drinks.
- Spa Day! Nothing feels better than a fresh mani-pedi with friends. No matter what gender, it’s a great form of self-care and leaves you feeling refreshed. Face masks are also a great and rejuvenating way to not only rehydrate your skin but sit and talk it out with your bestie.
- Take a hike. Not everyone is the outdoorsy type, but if you and your friends are this is great! Not only does it give you the time to reconnect with each other, but it puts you out in nature. That Earl Grey martini will pair well with your after-hike dinner as you wind down.
- Go to a museum! Check for local queer-centric galleries in your area and support the local scene. This is a great way to spend time, it supports the local community and exposes you to new and interesting works and cultures.
So reach out, and plan a fun afternoon with an old friend. Reconnecting can be a very positive and rewarding experience for both of you. (That doesn’t include your ex though.)
Here’s how to make this drink:
- 1 ½ oz Earl Grey tea infused gin
- ¾ oz lemon juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 egg white
Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker, without ice. Shake for 15 seconds. Add ice and shake again for 20 seconds. Strain into a sugar-rimmed coupe glass. Garnish with a dehydrated lemon.
Enjoy and drink responsibly.