This article was published on May 14th, 2021
Originally known as the “Vodka Espresso”, the Espresso Martini has a long and rich history, just like the drink itself.
First, let’s just admit; whoever came up with this cocktail was a genius. He managed to blend two things that most people absolutely enjoy: coffee and vodka into a delicious drink. And we all know the gays leurve iced coffee, and vodka. The Espresso martini is the ultimate gay-cocktail match made in heaven.
The coffee in this drink keeps you sharp and active while the vodka balances the extra energy. Probably not the drink to serve if you want a more laid-back atmosphere or wish to fall asleep sooner. However, it’d make a great start to a fun night.
For the best results, follow these tips:
- Only use freshly brewed espresso. Coffee oxidizes when left for long, giving it a bitter taste.
- Shake the mixture hard. This gives the drink a foamy, silky layer at the top that enhances the drinking experience.
- Go easy on the syrup. Not all people like a sugary drink.
- Use quality vodka such as the Stoli Premium vodka used in this recipe.
- 2 oz Stoli Premium vodka
- ½ oz coffee liqueur
- 1 oz freshly brewed espresso
- ½ oz simple syrup
Add Stoli Premium vodka, coffee liqueur, espresso and simple syrup to a shaker filled with ice. Shake—strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with 3 coffee beans.