This article was published on April 7th, 2018
If you’ve been hibernating for the winter or just put on some extra pounds, you still have time to get the summer body you want. Remember: most of getting and staying in shape is about your diet on top of exercise. Knowing what to eat can help you naturally slim down without a lot of effort. And if you can incorporate some of these super foods into your daily diet, you’ll be super skinny in time for summer and in shape for life!
- Apples: An apple a day doesn’t just help keep the gay doctor away. Apples help with a plethora of things including speeding up your metabolism and making your stomach feel full. Apples are rich in antioxidants and dietary fiber, and make for a good sweet treat in place of desserts. Organic apples are recommended.
- Avocados: No super foods list is complete without the mention of avocados. There is oleic acid, which calms hunger urges, along with the good kind of fat found in avocados. They are rich in vitamins and are some of the healthiest foods you can eat.
- Egg whites: Regular eggs already contain all 9 amino acids and are some of the best protein sources you can consume. Egg whites contain less than half the fat while packing the same punch of energy-rich protein.
- Black beans: A half cup of black beans contains a huge amount of protein and natural fiber. Beans also help with the digestive process while giving your stomach that full feeling.
- Blueberries: Like Avocados, no super foods list is complete with debatably the best food out there for you, period. Blueberries have minimal sugars for berries, and have enough water and fiber to help reduce appetite. Rich in antioxidants, blueberries are great alone as a snack or incorporated into other parts of your meal.
- Broccoli: If Blueberries or avocados don’t come in first place for the best food for you, then broccoli takes the crown. Broccoli has less than 30 calories, extreme cancer preventing powers, and plenty of fiber to help aid in weight loss.
- Grapefruit: Adding half a grapefruit to your daily eating habits will help you begin to lose weight faster. There’s vitamin C, fiber, and plenty of citric acid in grapefruit to help speed up your metabolism while providing you with a fuller feeling after eating.
- Water: The essential ingredient to all life, more water consumption can lead to faster weight loss results. Water fills you up faster, aids in digestion, speeds up metabolism, hydrates you, and makes you want to eat less. Overall, the more water you drink, the easier weight loss will be.
Of course, these are just eight of many different super foods to help you with you diet success, and there are plenty of other super foods and healthy foods to incorporate into your diet plan. A well-balanced diet is key and easier to maintain as part of a healthy lifestyle.
What are your favorite super foods to help you keep lean and full of protein? Comment below on what other foods you recommend to help get lean for summer.