This article was published on December 1st, 2021
Did you know that Santa Claus hails from Canada? Yes, the Canadian government recently declared him a legal citizen and even issued him with a passport. So he can go back to his hometown anytime once he’s finished delivering presents all over the world. This is probably one of the few things you didn’t know about jolly old St. Nick. Here are other facts:
- He was a bachelor for many years until around 1850 when Mrs Claus came into the frame.
- Santa only began wearing red in the early 30s when Coca Cola used him to sell Coke products.
- He has been around for around 200 years.
- Santa’s belly most likely came as a result of eating too much sugar, thanks to the millions of kids around the world who leave cookies and milk out for Santa.
- Also, there is no denying that Santa would fit right in with the leather/daddy/bear community. Duh! It’s plain obvious.
The good news is that Santa has a gift for you this Christmas in the form of a Santa Clause Martini cocktail. It’s his little way of bringing the same happiness that kids get when his name is mentioned.
Now you can have the man in red in a drink that packs a tasty punch of holiday flavour.
- 1 oz Stoli Elit
- 2 oz cranberry juice
Shake ingredients over ice. Strain into a sugar rimmed martini glass.
Enjoy and drink responsibly.